Saturday, February 17, 2007

Favorite Ethnic Food of All Time?

My favorite kind of ethnic food? That would have to be Sicilian or I would be in big trouble. Bada bing, ba da boom. Yes, Sicilian is different from Italian. You have Sicilian, Tuscan, Roman, Ligurian, and Neapolitan cucina, as well as basic diferences between the north and the south.
They are as uniquely different as are Tex-Mex and Mexican, or Mexican and South American, which are my next favorite cuisines. Unless I'm hungry for Cajun or Creole, of course. Mmm, I can't ignore Japanese or Chinese either, or India's Tandoori chicken and curry. Let's face it, I adore all ethnic foods!

2 comments:

Eric Spitznagel said...

Well, I wouldn't call it my "favorite", but I do have a friend who once ate monkey brains during a trip to Hong Kong. He claims that he didn't know exactly what he was eating until after the fact, but I'm not sure if I believe him. In a weird way, I'm a little jealous of him. I've always wanted to say "I've eaten monkey brains" with a straight face.

Scooter said...

Erm, monkey brains would be too much like cannibalism to me. There are limits to my tastes. All bets would be off if I were very hungry, though. :)