Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Leroy's Birthday

Here's a joke I find amusing.


Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mom was making dinner. His
birthday was coming up, and he thought this was a good time to tell his
mother what he wanted.

"Mom, I want a bike for my birthday."

Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at
school and at home.

Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his
birthday. "Of course," he said.

Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on his
behavior over the last year. "Go to your room, Leroy, and think about
how you've behaved this year.
Then write a letter to God and tell him why you deserve a bike for your
birthday."

Little Leroy stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write God
a letter.

Letter 1: "Dear God, I have been a very good boy this year, and I would
like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.
Your friend, Leroy."

Leroy knew this was not true, so he tore the letter up and wrote a new
one.

Letter 2: "Dear God, I have been an okay boy this year. I still would
like a bike for my birthday. Leroy."

This letter was no good either.

Letter 3: "Dear God, I know I haven't been a good boy this year. I am
very sorry, and I will be a good boy next year if you just send me a
bike for my birthday. Please. Thank you. Leroy."

Leroy knew this wasn't true, and now he was getting upset.
He went downstairs and told his mother he needed to go to church. She
thought her plan had worked and told him to be home in time for dinner.

Leroy walked into the church and went to the altar. He looked around to
see if anyone was watching. He bent down, picked up the statue of the
Virgin Mary, and slipped it under his coat.

Letter 4: "Dear God, I got your mama. If you want to see her again, send
the bike. Signed, You know who."

No comments: